7/16/2015

ILLUSTRATION no1


In April, when I was living in a house I rented with Brandon and our friend Bernie on Lake Atitlan in Guatemala a desire to paint, to draw with my hands and fingers opened it's sleep crusted eyes after a yearlong slumber. I started painting on the kitchen wall with acrylic paints, and then with oil, until this (click) came to be. When I returned home to Canada at the end of May I brushed the dust off an illustration marker I had bought at Michaels the year before. I'm not sure why I bought it, I just had a feeling that I'd need it one day. Intuition foretelling a year in advance. I've been sitting in front of Brandon's pool, below towering douglas firs, nose glued to white pages fastened to a clip board. This piece was one of my first.

No comments:

Post a Comment